Thursday, August 5, 2010

Upcoming Events

In their July 2010 issue, Down East Magazine named us "Best Adirondack Chair Maker in Maine." And we've been working to fill orders non stop ever since. There's still plenty of summer left, so pick up the phone and place your order today. And remember, it's never to early to get a jump start on next summer. I'll be building Weekender chairs right through the winter. Now here's a word or two on some upcoming events:

I'll be at the Center For Maine Craft in Gardiner, Maine demonstrating rustic chair making on August 28 from 10-1pm. http://www.mainecrafts.org/ FMI.


I'll be selling my Walden Walkers Walking Sticks at the Labor Day Craft Show on September 4 from 9-2pm. http://www.mainecrafts.org/ FMI.


I'll be exhibiting by invitation at the Rustic Furniture Fair at the Adirondack Museum in Blue Mountain Lake, NY on September 11 and 12. http://www.adirondackmuseum.org/ FMI.


Come on out and see us! Sit a spell and talk about the weather.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dirk,

I just read your entire blog, and I loved it. Your chairs are colorful, fun, and look very comfortable. Your prose is succinct and entertaining and conveys great images. Your (or Jordan's) artwork is quite good. I'm glad I picked up that issue of Downeast Magazine and hope to one day buy a chair or two from you.

Dennis said...

Dirk,

I'm Cheryl's (RuffEdgeDesign) husband.

I haven't read your whole blog... yet. But Cheryl advised I start from the beginning and I'm enjoying every post.

For exterior paints, I can highly recommend Sherwin Williams's "Resilience," which goes on like putty it's so thick, and feels like rubber so far, after two years in the extremes of Maine. Though it might be a bit sticky for chairs, now that I think about it.

Have you read "The Moosepath League," by Van Reid, fellow Mainiac?