Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekender #21

There's the Old White Church across the street from us. The congregation has since moved on. It is now a community center used for piano recitals, wedding receptions, birthday parties, art openings, etc. It also makes a good backdrop for my chair shots. I once had a big old Maine Coon Cat by the name of Casey. Actually he had me. I recall a lovely spring morning some years ago when he invited himself to a wedding. He followed right behind the bride and groom, down the aisle and sat patiently as vows were exchanged. I think he ended up giving away the bride. Someone captured the whole event on video. What a cat. He lived to age 21. I miss him to this day.
I also miss those Sunday mornings not so long ago when the church choir would wake me up. Snatches of some old hymn wafting across the street on a warming spring breeze. None of them could sing but it sounded like heaven to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you write. A day or two ago, my husband and I were talking about Dummy, the Maine Coon Cat his family had when he was growing up.